Online streaming giant Netflix is one of the top internet stocks across the globe. Shares of the media company have soared 125% in 2015, 13% in 2016 and 55% in 2017. The stock is already up over 80% in 2017. Shares of Netflix peaked to an all-time high of $423.21 last month and have since declined after it released its Q2 2018 earnings results.
Why Did Netflix Shares Decline Recently?
Though Netflix beat earnings estimates, it reported Q2 revenue below analyst projections. Netflix also added 5.2 million new subscribers in the second quarter, below estimates of 6.2 million in Q2. In the United States alone, Netflix added 700,000 subscribers which were below the estimated figure of 1.2 million.
At the end of Q2, Netflix had 130 million subscribers, an increase of 25% year-over-year compared to 104 million subscribers at end of the second quarter in 2017.
Has User Growth For Netflix Started To Decline?
In the last seven out of the nine quarters, Netflix has been able to beat user forecasts. The last time Netflix reported user subscription below estimates was in Q1 2017 when it added 5 million users, compared to a forecast of 5.2 million. What’s more, Netflix expects to add 5 million subscribers in Q3 including 650,000 in the United States. This indicates an addition of 4.35 million global subscribers.
Netflix has stated that its subscriber base can grow between 60 million and 90 million in the United States, indicating an addition of approximately 30 million subscribers at the high end of its projection. After significant expansion, Netflix now has approximately 57 million domestic subscribers. With this comes the hiccup – it has practically no room to grow subscribers if we take the conservative estimate of 60 million subscribers.
The company is also facing challenges by bigger players with more cash in hand such as Amazon Prime and Amazon Studios. Further, Disney is looking to launch its streaming platform in 2019.
Key Drivers For Netflix
Yes, Netflix’s stock has been negatively impacted post Q2 results. But Netflix’s growth story is far from over. The company expects revenue to grow by 33.6% in Q3 with earnings growth of 134%. Netflix again expects to add 5 million subscribers in Q3.
Netflix can approximately double its subscriber base to 250 million over the next 10 years, given the total available market. Netflix currently has 300 million user profiles across 450 million devices.
There are growth opportunities in emerging markets like India where Netflix has about 5 million subscribers compared to the market leader Hotstar which has 75 million subscribers. The Indian online streaming market is estimated to grow by 35% year-over-year. Netflix has been targeting market share by generating original content.
The first two seasons of Narcos scored massive hits while Sacred Games has also been popular among the Indian audience. Production on the first Arabic series Jinn has reportedly begun. Netflix will be spending around $8 billion in original content for 2018.
Though there are concerns over Netflix, the company’s revenue is still estimated to grow by 35.6% in 2018, 24.8% in 2019 and 21.6% in 2020. Comparatively, its bottom line or earnings is estimated to grow by 116% in 2018, 61.9% in 2019 and at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 62.5% over the next five years.
Does This Provide An Opportunity For Investors To Buy Netflix?
Although Netflix has generated spectacular returns over the last few years, potential investors might be wary about entering at current levels. However, the recent stock decline post Netflix’s quarterly results indicate that the stock is trading at a discount of over 10% to average analyst price targets of $377.60.
Out of the 40 analysts tracking Netflix, 60% of analysts (or 24 analysts) recommend a “buy” while 35% recommend a “hold” and only 5% recommend to “sell” the stock. Netflix has a high 12-month price target estimate of $503.
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb is a great way to earn money by renting out your home or apartment.
However, did you know that you can also make money by offering experiences on Airbnb? Here are five easy ways to make extra cash today by creating and offering Airbnb experiences.
1. Offer a food tour
If you love food, why not share your passion with others? Create a food tour experience in your city, showcasing the best local cuisine. You can offer a walking tour or a bike tour, and include stops at local markets, restaurants, and cafes. This is a great way to meet new people and earn money at the same time.
2. Teach a skill or hobby
Do you have a skill or hobby that you’re passionate about? Share your knowledge with others by offering an experience on Airbnb. You can teach anything from photography to cooking to yoga. People are always looking for new experiences, and they’re willing to pay for them.
3. Host a cultural event
If you come from a different culture, why not share it with others? Host a cultural event, such as a traditional dance, music, or art class. This is a great way to showcase your culture and make some extra cash.
4. Offer a nature experience
If you live in a beautiful area, offer a nature experience on Airbnb. You can offer a hiking tour, a kayaking trip, or a birdwatching tour. People love to get out into nature, and they’re willing to pay for it.
5. Host a wellness retreat
If you’re passionate about wellness, why not host a retreat? You can offer yoga classes, meditation sessions, and healthy meals. This is a great way to help people relax and recharge, while earning some extra cash.
In conclusion, offering experiences on Airbnb is a great way to make some extra cash. With these five easy ideas, you can get started today.
For more ideas and tips on how to make money, check out this Airbnb guide inside our academy.
10 Tips for Making More Money with Your Airbnb Listing
If you’re an Airbnb host looking to increase your revenue, there are several strategies you can implement to make your listing more appealing to potential guests.
Here are 10 tips for making more money with your Airbnb listing:
- Set competitive pricing: Research the prices of similar listings in your area to ensure you’re offering a competitive rate. Consider lowering your prices during slow seasons or offering discounts for longer stays.
- Offer extra amenities: Providing extra amenities, such as a pool, hot tub, or complimentary breakfast, can make your listing more attractive to guests and justify a higher price.
- Invest in high-quality photos: High-quality photos of your space can make a big difference in how many bookings you receive. Consider hiring a professional photographer to capture the best aspects of your listing.
- Keep your listing up to date: Make sure your listing accurately reflects the current state of your property. Update your photos, descriptions, and amenities regularly to keep your listing relevant and appealing.
- Respond promptly to inquiries: Quick responses to guest inquiries can lead to more bookings and positive reviews. Make sure to check your messages frequently and respond as soon as possible.
- Provide excellent customer service: Going above and beyond for your guests can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to communicate clearly and address any issues promptly.
- Offer local recommendations: Providing guests with recommendations for local restaurants, attractions, and activities can enhance their experience and justify a higher price for your listing.
- Allow instant bookings: Allowing guests to book instantly can make your listing more appealing to those who need to book at the last minute. However, make sure to set clear guidelines for instant bookings to avoid any issues.
- Offer discounts for repeat guests: Offering discounts to guests who have stayed with you in the past can encourage repeat bookings and increase your revenue over time.
- Keep your space clean and well-maintained: A clean and well-maintained space can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to keep your space clean and address any maintenance issues promptly.
Implementing these 10 tips can help you make more money with your Airbnb listing and improve your overall hosting experience. Happy hosting!
How Big Real Estate Moguls Avoid Taxes (And How You Can, Too) 👀
I was looking around Google for an old article on tax strategies and this five-year old video of myself happened to pop up.
I’m interviewing a tax expert about how real estate investors avoid paying taxes in perpetuity—AND how everyday citizens can do the same thing.
There’s the 1031 exchange, of course, which I’ve shared with you guys before.
Just to refresh your memory, the 1031 Exchange allows you to roll over gains from your last project into a new property TAX FREE—as long as said property is worth the same or more.
But there’s ANOTHER TAX LOOPHOLE that can take your portfolio to an entirely new level by splitting your capital gains into MULTIPLE properties.
So I thought I’d share it with you guys. 💎
You can check it out here.
Let me know what you think. 😎
PS: In our next update, I’m going to break down how real estate moguls get paid from their properties…tax free. 👀
PPS: If you want to learn how to implement generational wealth strategies like this one, you can join our NYCE wealth academy (TRIBE U) here.