The IPO (initial public offer) space is getting back on its feet this year, after having clocked listings of 173 companies on public exchanges in just under 9 months. The number trumps those recorded last year, 160 companies, and in 2016, 105 IPOs.
In the second-quarter of 2018, over 60 companies went public which was the highest number in over 3 years. Companies raked in excess of $45.7B in the first 9 months of 2018, significantly up from $31.1B in the same period last year.
Here, we look at 5 of the highly anticipated IPO’s in 2019.
Uber is pitched as one of the most popular car aggregator globally. While its current valuation is around $72B, the company might be valued at $120B when it goes public in 2019.
Goldman Sachs [GS] and Morgan Stanley [MS] are leading investment banks that might take the company public. It will be interesting to see if investors line up for a company that has posted losses in every quarter since inception.
Total Funding: $23.85B
The Uber for vacation rentals and long-term accommodations, Airbnb is another unicorn that is eyeing an IPO next year. Airbnb has raised approximately $4.4B to date and is one of the most valued start-ups in the world.
Airbnb has been profitable on an EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) basis for a while now and is not burning money compared to other tech start-ups.
The company is eyeing an IPO and has set a goal of June 30, 2019, to be “IPO Ready”. Airbnb might generate sales between $3.5B and $4B in 2018.
Total Funding: $4.4B
Deliveroo is a UK-based company and is one of the country’s hottest and most valuable startups. Started by a former investment banker, the company is an end-to-end food delivery service that connects local restaurants with customers.
There have been talks about Uber acquiring Deliveroo to integrate the same with the Uber Eats vertical. Deliveroo is another company that might go public in 2019.
Total Funding: $1B
DJI is the largest drone manufacturer globally. It is dedicated to make aerial photography, filmmaking more accessible. DJI’s products are available in over 100 countries.
Earlier this year, DJI was planning to raise between $500M and $800M ahead of its stock market debut.
Total Funding: $105M
Lyft is Uber’s direct competitor and is locked in an IPO race. Earlier this year, Lyft raised $600M at a $15.1B valuation. JP Morgan [JPM] is in talks with Lyft to take the latter public as an underwriter.
Total Funding: $4.9B
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb is a great way to earn money by renting out your home or apartment.
However, did you know that you can also make money by offering experiences on Airbnb? Here are five easy ways to make extra cash today by creating and offering Airbnb experiences.
1. Offer a food tour
If you love food, why not share your passion with others? Create a food tour experience in your city, showcasing the best local cuisine. You can offer a walking tour or a bike tour, and include stops at local markets, restaurants, and cafes. This is a great way to meet new people and earn money at the same time.
2. Teach a skill or hobby
Do you have a skill or hobby that you’re passionate about? Share your knowledge with others by offering an experience on Airbnb. You can teach anything from photography to cooking to yoga. People are always looking for new experiences, and they’re willing to pay for them.
3. Host a cultural event
If you come from a different culture, why not share it with others? Host a cultural event, such as a traditional dance, music, or art class. This is a great way to showcase your culture and make some extra cash.
4. Offer a nature experience
If you live in a beautiful area, offer a nature experience on Airbnb. You can offer a hiking tour, a kayaking trip, or a birdwatching tour. People love to get out into nature, and they’re willing to pay for it.
5. Host a wellness retreat
If you’re passionate about wellness, why not host a retreat? You can offer yoga classes, meditation sessions, and healthy meals. This is a great way to help people relax and recharge, while earning some extra cash.
In conclusion, offering experiences on Airbnb is a great way to make some extra cash. With these five easy ideas, you can get started today.
For more ideas and tips on how to make money, check out this Airbnb guide inside our academy.
10 Tips for Making More Money with Your Airbnb Listing
If you’re an Airbnb host looking to increase your revenue, there are several strategies you can implement to make your listing more appealing to potential guests.
Here are 10 tips for making more money with your Airbnb listing:
- Set competitive pricing: Research the prices of similar listings in your area to ensure you’re offering a competitive rate. Consider lowering your prices during slow seasons or offering discounts for longer stays.
- Offer extra amenities: Providing extra amenities, such as a pool, hot tub, or complimentary breakfast, can make your listing more attractive to guests and justify a higher price.
- Invest in high-quality photos: High-quality photos of your space can make a big difference in how many bookings you receive. Consider hiring a professional photographer to capture the best aspects of your listing.
- Keep your listing up to date: Make sure your listing accurately reflects the current state of your property. Update your photos, descriptions, and amenities regularly to keep your listing relevant and appealing.
- Respond promptly to inquiries: Quick responses to guest inquiries can lead to more bookings and positive reviews. Make sure to check your messages frequently and respond as soon as possible.
- Provide excellent customer service: Going above and beyond for your guests can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to communicate clearly and address any issues promptly.
- Offer local recommendations: Providing guests with recommendations for local restaurants, attractions, and activities can enhance their experience and justify a higher price for your listing.
- Allow instant bookings: Allowing guests to book instantly can make your listing more appealing to those who need to book at the last minute. However, make sure to set clear guidelines for instant bookings to avoid any issues.
- Offer discounts for repeat guests: Offering discounts to guests who have stayed with you in the past can encourage repeat bookings and increase your revenue over time.
- Keep your space clean and well-maintained: A clean and well-maintained space can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to keep your space clean and address any maintenance issues promptly.
Implementing these 10 tips can help you make more money with your Airbnb listing and improve your overall hosting experience. Happy hosting!
How Big Real Estate Moguls Avoid Taxes (And How You Can, Too) 👀
I was looking around Google for an old article on tax strategies and this five-year old video of myself happened to pop up.
I’m interviewing a tax expert about how real estate investors avoid paying taxes in perpetuity—AND how everyday citizens can do the same thing.
There’s the 1031 exchange, of course, which I’ve shared with you guys before.
Just to refresh your memory, the 1031 Exchange allows you to roll over gains from your last project into a new property TAX FREE—as long as said property is worth the same or more.
But there’s ANOTHER TAX LOOPHOLE that can take your portfolio to an entirely new level by splitting your capital gains into MULTIPLE properties.
So I thought I’d share it with you guys. 💎
You can check it out here.
Let me know what you think. 😎
PS: In our next update, I’m going to break down how real estate moguls get paid from their properties…tax free. 👀
PPS: If you want to learn how to implement generational wealth strategies like this one, you can join our NYCE wealth academy (TRIBE U) here.