Just a few weeks ago, Apple became the first-ever trillion dollar company. And Amazon could be next, with a projected $2.5 trillion (!) market value by 2024.
Not long before that, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos became the richest man in modern history. (Homeboy’s sittin’ pretty on a $150B net worth—an insane $55B more than Bill Gates at number two!)
Here are three red-hot tech stocks you should pay attention to.
(Editor’s note: If you’re not investing, download Robinhood here, collect a free stock, and start trading—also free.)
Okta [OKTA] is a San Francisco-based cloud security firm that does “identity management services.” So in layman’s terms, this means stuff like multi-factor authentication, API access management, network integration—things like that.
Okta shares have been on fire as of, jumping an impressive 116% in 2018—and seemingly for no apparent reason. The cloud security firm has solid partnerships with Facebook and VMware, creating a robust foundation for growth.
Even though Okta has yet to turn a profit, analysts are bullish on the cloud stock. They expect revenue to jump 37% year-over-year to $356.5M in fiscal 2019, 32% to $471M in fiscal 2020 and 41% to $665M in fiscal 2021.
In addition, earnings are expected to improve by 27% in 2019 and 39% in 2020. Analysts have an average price target of $61.1 for Okta, leaving an additional 4.4% room in growth upside for the stock.
Current price: $58.51
Analyst high target price: $65
2018 growth: 128%
2. iRobot Corp.
iRobot [IRBT] designs and manufactures robots primarily for homes. (Here’s an example what one looks like.) After posting yearly revenue jumps, the robot manufacturer’s has expanded their list of products to keep up with the growth. It now includes cool stuff like robot maps to more useful products like pool cleaners and robot vacuums.
iRobot shares took a hit in April this year when news broke that Amazon is working on robots for the home.
And while iRobot does face some competition, the stock still has some upside.
For one, iRobot is investing heavy in research and development to build new product lines and maintain market share in the home robotics market.
As of August, the stock is up close to 38% this year. And there could be more to come.
Analysts expect the firm’s revenues to see steady growth at around 20% a year until 2020. Unlike many tech companies, iRobot Corp is already profitable. In addition, its earnings are estimated to grow by 28% next year.
Current price: $105.6
Analyst high target price: $106.16
2018 growth: 38%
Roku [ROKU] is a video streaming subscription service, just like Netflix. With over 22M subscribers, Roku’s one of the largest content distribution companies in the United States.
While the OTT space has attracted heavyweights like Apple TV, Chromecast, YouTube and Amazon’s Fire Stick, Roku’s as reliable an OTT option of any, partnering with one out of five Smart TV’s in the US.
According to a recent survey by research firm William Blair, Roku’s adoption rate (meaning people who start using it) is up eight percentage points from last September. The only other competitor with similar growth was Amazon.
(Chromecast didn’t improve at all, while Apple TV grew just three percentage points.)
Shares of Roku have risen over 16% in 2018. The company has been able to beat earnings and revenue estimates in three of the last four quarters that has driven its stock price upwards.
Altogether, OTT revenue is expected to almost double from $46.5 B in 2017 to $83.4 B in 2022. According to analysts, expect Roku revenues to rise by an average of 35% year-over-year over the next three years.
Despite this growth, Roku hasn’t turned a profit yet, but they’re not far behind. Analysts expect earnings to surge by 94% in 2018—leaving plenty of promise for future scores. (If we’re to believe Wall Street.)
Current price: $60.09
Analyst high target price: $68
2018 growth: 16%
Word to WealthLABBERS: Analyst target prices in this piece come from Yahoo Finance and are merely estimates of future performance. They are NOT a historic predictor of future results.
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb is a great way to earn money by renting out your home or apartment.
However, did you know that you can also make money by offering experiences on Airbnb? Here are five easy ways to make extra cash today by creating and offering Airbnb experiences.
1. Offer a food tour
If you love food, why not share your passion with others? Create a food tour experience in your city, showcasing the best local cuisine. You can offer a walking tour or a bike tour, and include stops at local markets, restaurants, and cafes. This is a great way to meet new people and earn money at the same time.
2. Teach a skill or hobby
Do you have a skill or hobby that you’re passionate about? Share your knowledge with others by offering an experience on Airbnb. You can teach anything from photography to cooking to yoga. People are always looking for new experiences, and they’re willing to pay for them.
3. Host a cultural event
If you come from a different culture, why not share it with others? Host a cultural event, such as a traditional dance, music, or art class. This is a great way to showcase your culture and make some extra cash.
4. Offer a nature experience
If you live in a beautiful area, offer a nature experience on Airbnb. You can offer a hiking tour, a kayaking trip, or a birdwatching tour. People love to get out into nature, and they’re willing to pay for it.
5. Host a wellness retreat
If you’re passionate about wellness, why not host a retreat? You can offer yoga classes, meditation sessions, and healthy meals. This is a great way to help people relax and recharge, while earning some extra cash.
In conclusion, offering experiences on Airbnb is a great way to make some extra cash. With these five easy ideas, you can get started today.
For more ideas and tips on how to make money, check out this Airbnb guide inside our academy.
10 Tips for Making More Money with Your Airbnb Listing
If you’re an Airbnb host looking to increase your revenue, there are several strategies you can implement to make your listing more appealing to potential guests.
Here are 10 tips for making more money with your Airbnb listing:
- Set competitive pricing: Research the prices of similar listings in your area to ensure you’re offering a competitive rate. Consider lowering your prices during slow seasons or offering discounts for longer stays.
- Offer extra amenities: Providing extra amenities, such as a pool, hot tub, or complimentary breakfast, can make your listing more attractive to guests and justify a higher price.
- Invest in high-quality photos: High-quality photos of your space can make a big difference in how many bookings you receive. Consider hiring a professional photographer to capture the best aspects of your listing.
- Keep your listing up to date: Make sure your listing accurately reflects the current state of your property. Update your photos, descriptions, and amenities regularly to keep your listing relevant and appealing.
- Respond promptly to inquiries: Quick responses to guest inquiries can lead to more bookings and positive reviews. Make sure to check your messages frequently and respond as soon as possible.
- Provide excellent customer service: Going above and beyond for your guests can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to communicate clearly and address any issues promptly.
- Offer local recommendations: Providing guests with recommendations for local restaurants, attractions, and activities can enhance their experience and justify a higher price for your listing.
- Allow instant bookings: Allowing guests to book instantly can make your listing more appealing to those who need to book at the last minute. However, make sure to set clear guidelines for instant bookings to avoid any issues.
- Offer discounts for repeat guests: Offering discounts to guests who have stayed with you in the past can encourage repeat bookings and increase your revenue over time.
- Keep your space clean and well-maintained: A clean and well-maintained space can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to keep your space clean and address any maintenance issues promptly.
Implementing these 10 tips can help you make more money with your Airbnb listing and improve your overall hosting experience. Happy hosting!
How Big Real Estate Moguls Avoid Taxes (And How You Can, Too) 👀
I was looking around Google for an old article on tax strategies and this five-year old video of myself happened to pop up.
I’m interviewing a tax expert about how real estate investors avoid paying taxes in perpetuity—AND how everyday citizens can do the same thing.
There’s the 1031 exchange, of course, which I’ve shared with you guys before.
Just to refresh your memory, the 1031 Exchange allows you to roll over gains from your last project into a new property TAX FREE—as long as said property is worth the same or more.
But there’s ANOTHER TAX LOOPHOLE that can take your portfolio to an entirely new level by splitting your capital gains into MULTIPLE properties.
So I thought I’d share it with you guys. 💎
You can check it out here.
Let me know what you think. 😎
PS: In our next update, I’m going to break down how real estate moguls get paid from their properties…tax free. 👀
PPS: If you want to learn how to implement generational wealth strategies like this one, you can join our NYCE wealth academy (TRIBE U) here.