Earlier this year, we looked at WWE’s 4x returns in the first nine months of 2018. This stock has been crushing it on the stock exchange and more than quadrupled in value.
Though the recent pullback impacted investor returns slightly, it has still gained a staggering 142% this year.
So what if you had bet on The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin way back in 1999? That was the year WWE went public. What if you put aside $200/week and invested it in the WWE stock?
Your investment would be worth $1M today
Yes, your $200/week investment for the last 19 years in WWE would have made you a millionaire. However, just like any other stock, WWE has had its share of ups and downs.
In December 1999, the stock was trading just shy of $18 a share. Over the next four years, it fell to $11. Though it rose over the next couple of years, the stock slipped again to the $10 mark around the end of 2011.
WWE shares only began its staggering bull run by the end of 2014, where the stock rose from $14 to its current price of $73.6. The stock touched an all-time high of $97.69 earlier this year.
Are these returns impressive?
What if you had invested in WWE when its IPO (initial public offering) was launched in 1999? A $200/week investment amounts to an annual investment of $10.4k. This then amounts to just over $200k over the next 19 years.
With a payback of $1M, the annual rate of return is 16%. Is this enough for the amount of risk undertaken?
Despite the $1M tag it promises, any other major index or alternative investment vehicle such as REITs would have generated similar returns with a far lower risk exposure.
Imagine an investor who had actually invested during the IPO. He would have had to wait for 16 long years just to break even.
What’s the way forward for WWE investors?
WWE’s traditionally focused on male wrestlers, skewing to their male-dominated audience. But it looks like that could change.
Led by former UFC superstar and current WWE Women’s champ Ronda Rousey, the company has staged its first-ever PPV this year in an ambitious attempt to broaden their female audience base.
This event included over 50 female wrestlers from the “Raw” and “SmackDown” franchises.
Wall Street estimates WWE’s sales to rise by 60% over the next two years to $1.27B, up from $800M in 2017. With rapidly improving profit margins, earnings are also expected to grow at a significant 71% over the next five years.
In fact, WWE’s net margin is expected to rise from a mere 4.1% in 2017 to 22% in 2020.
Though WWE’s stock lost over 25% in market value since October this year, analysts are again betting big on them.
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb is a great way to earn money by renting out your home or apartment.
However, did you know that you can also make money by offering experiences on Airbnb? Here are five easy ways to make extra cash today by creating and offering Airbnb experiences.
1. Offer a food tour
If you love food, why not share your passion with others? Create a food tour experience in your city, showcasing the best local cuisine. You can offer a walking tour or a bike tour, and include stops at local markets, restaurants, and cafes. This is a great way to meet new people and earn money at the same time.
2. Teach a skill or hobby
Do you have a skill or hobby that you’re passionate about? Share your knowledge with others by offering an experience on Airbnb. You can teach anything from photography to cooking to yoga. People are always looking for new experiences, and they’re willing to pay for them.
3. Host a cultural event
If you come from a different culture, why not share it with others? Host a cultural event, such as a traditional dance, music, or art class. This is a great way to showcase your culture and make some extra cash.
4. Offer a nature experience
If you live in a beautiful area, offer a nature experience on Airbnb. You can offer a hiking tour, a kayaking trip, or a birdwatching tour. People love to get out into nature, and they’re willing to pay for it.
5. Host a wellness retreat
If you’re passionate about wellness, why not host a retreat? You can offer yoga classes, meditation sessions, and healthy meals. This is a great way to help people relax and recharge, while earning some extra cash.
In conclusion, offering experiences on Airbnb is a great way to make some extra cash. With these five easy ideas, you can get started today.
For more ideas and tips on how to make money, check out this Airbnb guide inside our academy.
10 Tips for Making More Money with Your Airbnb Listing
If you’re an Airbnb host looking to increase your revenue, there are several strategies you can implement to make your listing more appealing to potential guests.
Here are 10 tips for making more money with your Airbnb listing:
- Set competitive pricing: Research the prices of similar listings in your area to ensure you’re offering a competitive rate. Consider lowering your prices during slow seasons or offering discounts for longer stays.
- Offer extra amenities: Providing extra amenities, such as a pool, hot tub, or complimentary breakfast, can make your listing more attractive to guests and justify a higher price.
- Invest in high-quality photos: High-quality photos of your space can make a big difference in how many bookings you receive. Consider hiring a professional photographer to capture the best aspects of your listing.
- Keep your listing up to date: Make sure your listing accurately reflects the current state of your property. Update your photos, descriptions, and amenities regularly to keep your listing relevant and appealing.
- Respond promptly to inquiries: Quick responses to guest inquiries can lead to more bookings and positive reviews. Make sure to check your messages frequently and respond as soon as possible.
- Provide excellent customer service: Going above and beyond for your guests can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to communicate clearly and address any issues promptly.
- Offer local recommendations: Providing guests with recommendations for local restaurants, attractions, and activities can enhance their experience and justify a higher price for your listing.
- Allow instant bookings: Allowing guests to book instantly can make your listing more appealing to those who need to book at the last minute. However, make sure to set clear guidelines for instant bookings to avoid any issues.
- Offer discounts for repeat guests: Offering discounts to guests who have stayed with you in the past can encourage repeat bookings and increase your revenue over time.
- Keep your space clean and well-maintained: A clean and well-maintained space can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to keep your space clean and address any maintenance issues promptly.
Implementing these 10 tips can help you make more money with your Airbnb listing and improve your overall hosting experience. Happy hosting!
How Big Real Estate Moguls Avoid Taxes (And How You Can, Too) 👀
I was looking around Google for an old article on tax strategies and this five-year old video of myself happened to pop up.
I’m interviewing a tax expert about how real estate investors avoid paying taxes in perpetuity—AND how everyday citizens can do the same thing.
There’s the 1031 exchange, of course, which I’ve shared with you guys before.
Just to refresh your memory, the 1031 Exchange allows you to roll over gains from your last project into a new property TAX FREE—as long as said property is worth the same or more.
But there’s ANOTHER TAX LOOPHOLE that can take your portfolio to an entirely new level by splitting your capital gains into MULTIPLE properties.
So I thought I’d share it with you guys. 💎
You can check it out here.
Let me know what you think. 😎
PS: In our next update, I’m going to break down how real estate moguls get paid from their properties…tax free. 👀
PPS: If you want to learn how to implement generational wealth strategies like this one, you can join our NYCE wealth academy (TRIBE U) here.