The week of Thanksgiving has become one of the most anticipated shopping periods of the year, with analysts projecting up to $60B in sales today—Black Friday—alone.
While retailers slash product prices, they try to compete and outdo each other by offering the best Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals.
Consumers, on the other hand, are on the lookout for the best bargains available and are willing participants in this shopping spree.
This year’s Thanksgiving week will shatter records
According to Statista, Thanksgiving week was projected to hit record sales in the US.
Overall, Statista projected Thanksgiving day sales to rise close to 14% to $3.3B. Black Friday and Cyber Monday were expected to soar by 18%, with an overall estimate of $23.4B in total sales.
Turns out sales will eclipse that today.
“Black Friday is bigger than a 24-hour shopping sprint or even a week-long marathon,” Accenture Strategy’s Frank Layo told Business Insider this morning. “It’s turned into a month-long extravaganza which started with promotions just after Halloween, and will continue well after Cyber Monday.”
Peak holiday season
While the holiday season in the United States begins in late October, it peaks during the second half of November. We can see above when US consumers expect to do holiday shopping is the highest in late November at 72%. This time coincides with Thanksgiving week.
According to Deloitte’s report, holiday shoppers will spend an average of $1,536 in the holiday season of 2018 with gifts accounting for $525 of the total amount spent.
In the Thanksgiving week of 2017, shares of Amazon [AMZN] touched a then all-time high of $1,195.83 and propelled CEO Jeff Bezos’ net worth into the untouched $100B dollar territory.
It will be interesting to see if Amazon shares recover following record sales. The stock has been pummeled in the recent past and has lost over 24% in market value since October 2018.
Total holiday spending might cross $124B this season
According to market research firm ADI, consumers might spend a whopping $124B this holiday season, up from $108.2B last year. Taylor Schreiner, principal analyst at ADI stated, “This consistent growth is itself a surprise. To have a $100B industry continue to grow in double digits is unusual and impressive.”
This holiday season is set to be a blockbuster one for online and physical retailers. Watch this space as we will shortly analyze the impact of strong holiday sales on the stock prices of retail companies.
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb Experiences: 5 Easy Ways To Make Extra Cash Today
Airbnb is a great way to earn money by renting out your home or apartment.
However, did you know that you can also make money by offering experiences on Airbnb? Here are five easy ways to make extra cash today by creating and offering Airbnb experiences.
1. Offer a food tour
If you love food, why not share your passion with others? Create a food tour experience in your city, showcasing the best local cuisine. You can offer a walking tour or a bike tour, and include stops at local markets, restaurants, and cafes. This is a great way to meet new people and earn money at the same time.
2. Teach a skill or hobby
Do you have a skill or hobby that you’re passionate about? Share your knowledge with others by offering an experience on Airbnb. You can teach anything from photography to cooking to yoga. People are always looking for new experiences, and they’re willing to pay for them.
3. Host a cultural event
If you come from a different culture, why not share it with others? Host a cultural event, such as a traditional dance, music, or art class. This is a great way to showcase your culture and make some extra cash.
4. Offer a nature experience
If you live in a beautiful area, offer a nature experience on Airbnb. You can offer a hiking tour, a kayaking trip, or a birdwatching tour. People love to get out into nature, and they’re willing to pay for it.
5. Host a wellness retreat
If you’re passionate about wellness, why not host a retreat? You can offer yoga classes, meditation sessions, and healthy meals. This is a great way to help people relax and recharge, while earning some extra cash.
In conclusion, offering experiences on Airbnb is a great way to make some extra cash. With these five easy ideas, you can get started today.
For more ideas and tips on how to make money, check out this Airbnb guide inside our academy.
10 Tips for Making More Money with Your Airbnb Listing
If you’re an Airbnb host looking to increase your revenue, there are several strategies you can implement to make your listing more appealing to potential guests.
Here are 10 tips for making more money with your Airbnb listing:
- Set competitive pricing: Research the prices of similar listings in your area to ensure you’re offering a competitive rate. Consider lowering your prices during slow seasons or offering discounts for longer stays.
- Offer extra amenities: Providing extra amenities, such as a pool, hot tub, or complimentary breakfast, can make your listing more attractive to guests and justify a higher price.
- Invest in high-quality photos: High-quality photos of your space can make a big difference in how many bookings you receive. Consider hiring a professional photographer to capture the best aspects of your listing.
- Keep your listing up to date: Make sure your listing accurately reflects the current state of your property. Update your photos, descriptions, and amenities regularly to keep your listing relevant and appealing.
- Respond promptly to inquiries: Quick responses to guest inquiries can lead to more bookings and positive reviews. Make sure to check your messages frequently and respond as soon as possible.
- Provide excellent customer service: Going above and beyond for your guests can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to communicate clearly and address any issues promptly.
- Offer local recommendations: Providing guests with recommendations for local restaurants, attractions, and activities can enhance their experience and justify a higher price for your listing.
- Allow instant bookings: Allowing guests to book instantly can make your listing more appealing to those who need to book at the last minute. However, make sure to set clear guidelines for instant bookings to avoid any issues.
- Offer discounts for repeat guests: Offering discounts to guests who have stayed with you in the past can encourage repeat bookings and increase your revenue over time.
- Keep your space clean and well-maintained: A clean and well-maintained space can lead to positive reviews and repeat bookings. Make sure to keep your space clean and address any maintenance issues promptly.
Implementing these 10 tips can help you make more money with your Airbnb listing and improve your overall hosting experience. Happy hosting!
How Big Real Estate Moguls Avoid Taxes (And How You Can, Too) 👀
I was looking around Google for an old article on tax strategies and this five-year old video of myself happened to pop up.
I’m interviewing a tax expert about how real estate investors avoid paying taxes in perpetuity—AND how everyday citizens can do the same thing.
There’s the 1031 exchange, of course, which I’ve shared with you guys before.
Just to refresh your memory, the 1031 Exchange allows you to roll over gains from your last project into a new property TAX FREE—as long as said property is worth the same or more.
But there’s ANOTHER TAX LOOPHOLE that can take your portfolio to an entirely new level by splitting your capital gains into MULTIPLE properties.
So I thought I’d share it with you guys. 💎
You can check it out here.
Let me know what you think. 😎
PS: In our next update, I’m going to break down how real estate moguls get paid from their properties…tax free. 👀
PPS: If you want to learn how to implement generational wealth strategies like this one, you can join our NYCE wealth academy (TRIBE U) here.